No products in the cart.
Educational Opportunity Centers
The Educational Opportunity Centers (EOC) is a non-profit program administered by the Community Outreach Coalition and funded by the U.S. Department of Education to serve participants in the cities of Franklin, Suffolk, Norfolk, and Portsmouth. The purpose of the EOC is to provide assistance to individuals having a desire to enter or re-enter a program of post-secondary education. Education Specialists provide assistance with career decision making, admissions, and applying for financial aid. The goal is to help individuals enroll in GED programs, technical programs, or two or four-year colleges and universities.
Who is eligible?
An individual is eligible to participate in an Educational Opportunity Centers project if the individual meets all of the following requirements:
- Is a citizen or national of the United States;
- Is a permanent resident of the United States;
- Is in the United States for other than a temporary purpose and provides evidence from the Immigration and Naturalization Service of his or her intent to become a permanent resident;
- Is a permanent resident of Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, or the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands (Palau); or
- Is at least 19 years of age; or
- Expresses a desire to enroll, or is enrolled, in a program of postsecondary education, and requests information or assistance in applying for admission to, or financial aid for, such a program.
- A United States Veteran
What are the Benefits?
We provide support on every level to help you improve your situation and land a better job. We also provide:
- Connections to FREE job training
- Scholarship Search
- Connections to GED Programs
- Connections to Tutors
- Connections to Resources
- FASFA & Admissions Support
The impact you make on the lives we touch never fades.
We Believe that We Can impact More Lives with you